Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Delirium Pilot Reactions

The Delirium series is one of my all-time favorites. For awhile, it was rumored that the books were going to be adapted into a movie. In January, Fox announced that they would be adapting the series into a TV show. At first, I was very skeptical about the news. There is a lot higher margin for great error when creating a television adaptation. After awhile, I grew to like the idea. Instead of only seeing 2 hours of a movie, we get to see over 20 hours of a show. The audience will be able to learn more about the beautifully flawed society of Portland, Maine. Here are my thoughts on the casting choices:

Emma Roberts as Lena

Like/Hate/Unsure: unsure yet
Rating: B
Matches vision in my head: kind of
Additional Thoughts: Not exactly what I pictured, but I hope she does a good job

Jeanine Mason as Hana


Like/Hate/Unsure: unhappy
Rating: C-
Matches vision in my head: No


Gregg Sulkin as Julian


Like/Hate/Unsure: LOVE!!
Rating: A
Matches vision in my head: Yes
Additional Thoughts: My favorite casting choice by far


Daren Kagasoff as Alex


Like/Hate/Unsure: Unsure
Rating: C+
Matches vision in my head: Not really
Additional Thoughts: I really didn't like this choice when I first heard about it, but I'm growing to like him. I love how much he appreciates the Delirium fandom.

No comments:

Post a Comment