Friday, May 31, 2013

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

One moment can change everything. Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him.  And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last. (summary by Goodreads)

This book was not at all what I expected. I will admit that I am not the biggest fan of poetry. I had heard a few good things about this book and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did.

This book touched me in ways I didn't know were possible. The story was brilliant- stunning, yet subtle in its own way. It packed so many life lessons into only 300 pages. 
The writing was absolutely gorgeous. It was lyrical and flowery, it really added to the overall enjoyment of the story. The writer even managed to have the romance not seemed rushed, even though the main characters fell in love over the course of only one day.

This is a book I highly recommend. It is a new favorite of mine and I give it 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment