Sunday, April 14, 2013

Unravel Me Review

This book was absolutely amazing. It was not at all what I expected. Shatter Me was decent, but it wasn't anything extraordinary. Unravel Me blew me away.

PROS:

1. THE WRITING:
 Tahereh Mafi's writing style is so unique. The crossing out of certain phrases makes me feel like I'm reading Juliette's diary/am right inside her mind. The writing is so descriptive and it really added to my overall enjoyment of the book

2. WARNER
Warner was such a pivotal and unique character in this book. Tahereh Mafi gave a lot more backstory on him. He wasn't just a crazy psychopath. He was just a kid that was messed up because his dad was such an awful person. 
We also find out why Warner loves Juliette. One of my problems with Shatter Me was the insta-love between the two of them. Now I understand why he loves her Warner really grew on me in this book. Team Warner all the way!

3. CHAPTER 62:
This chapter was raved about for a reason. Not only was it a moment that I was really looking forward to, but it totally exceeded my expectations. It wasn't just a steamy make-out session. You really got to see that they really cared about each other. This ending of this chapter left me near tears.

CONS:

1. JULIETTE'S WALLOWING:
At some points Juliette played the typical "why me?" heroine and felt sorry for herself. By the end, she changed that though

2. THE ENDING:
 The ending was a bit confusing and did not leave me clamoring for book 3, although I am very anxious to read it.

Rating
A definite 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment